Effective as of 1 July 2020
What Are Cookies
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you visit our login page, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
You can prevent the setting of cookies by adjusting the settings on your browser (see your browser Help for how to do this). Be aware that disabling cookies will affect the functionality of this and many other websites that you visit. Disabling cookies will usually result in also disabling certain functionality and features of this site. Therefore, it is recommended that you do not disable cookies.
Opting Out of Cookies
As described in this Policy, we use third-party analytics providers to collect information about the effectiveness of our Services and marketing campaigns. Some of the third parties that provide such cookies allow you to opt-out of their processing directly, as further described on their websites below:
- Google Analytics: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout (requires you to install a browser add-on)
The Cookies We Set
We use the cookies described below on our Services:
- Strictly Necessary: Some of the cookies we use are necessary to provide our Services to you. For example, these cookies help you: see the right information when you login to our Services; navigate from page to page without having to sign in on every page; detect, prevent, and mitigate malicious and fraudulent activities on our Services; support and enable other security features. Without such cookies, some of our Services cannot be provided to you.
- Functional: Functional cookies collect information about how you use our Services, provide you with certain functions on our Services, and they remember your preferences. For example, these cookies allow our Services to remember your language selection or username as you navigate through our Services. Functional cookies also perform important functions for your use of the Services.
- Analytics, Performance and Research: These cookies help us understand how well our Services are doing. They collect information about your use and interaction with our Services, including emails sent via Mihano Momosa mailing, so that we can continue to improve and expand our Services.
- Marketing: Our marketing cookies allow us to collect information about your interactions with our marketing activities, such as parts of our website and our emails. Such cookies measure how you interact with our marketing communications to determine, among other things, how effective a marketing campaign is. For example, we may measure whether certain marketing communications resulted in purchases.
- Advertising: These cookies deliver relevant advertisements to you off of our Services. Our advertising partners will collect information about your interaction with their advertisements to measure the effectiveness of our advertising campaign and to deliver advertisements that are more relevant to you and your interests.
- Social Cookies: These cookies enable users to share pages and content through third party social media and other platforms. The companies that serve these cookies may also use your information to serve targeted advertising on other platforms.
Our Policy on “Do Not Track” Signals under the California Online Protection Act (CalOPPA)
We do not support Do Not Track (“DNT”). Do Not Track is a preference you can set in your web browser to inform websites that you do not want to be tracked.
You can enable or disable Do Not Track by visiting the Preferences or Settings page of your web browser.
Your Data Protection Rights under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
If you are a resident of the European Economic Area (EEA), you have certain data protection rights. Mihano Momosa aims to take reasonable steps to allow you to correct, amend, delete or limit the use of your Personal Data.
If you wish to be informed about what Personal Data we hold about you and if you want it to be removed from our systems, please contact us.
In certain circumstances, you have the following data protection rights:
- The right to access, update or delete the information we have on you. Whenever made possible, you can access, update or request deletion of your Personal Data directly contacting us on email email@example.com.
- The right of rectification. You have the right to have your information rectified if that information is inaccurate or incomplete.
- The right to object. You have the right to object to our processing of your Personal Data.
- The right of restriction. You have the right to request that we restrict the processing of your personal information.
- The right to data portability. You have the right to be provided with a copy of the information we have on you in a structured, machine-readable and commonly used format.
- The right to withdraw consent. You also have the right to withdraw your consent at any time where Mihano Momosa relied on your consent to process your personal information.
Please note that we may ask you to verify your identity before responding to such requests.
You have the right to complain to a Data Protection Authority about our collection and use of your Personal Data. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority in the European Economic Area (EEA).
We may provide paid products within the Services. In that case, we use third-party services for payment processing (e.g. payment processors).
The payment processors we work with are:
The length of time a cookie will stay on your browsing device depends on whether it is a “persistent” or “session” cookie. Each category of cookie listed above is either a session cookie or persistent cookie.
We use “persistent cookies” to save information about you for longer periods of time. We also use “session cookies” to collect and store information about you for short periods of time, such as information about your interactions with the Service. Session cookies are deleted after you close your browser.
The retention period applicable to persistent cookies depends on the purpose of the cookie collection and tool used. You can delete cookie data as described below.
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Where we send your data
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
Where Can I Go To Learn More
Hopefully that has clarified things for you and as was previously mentioned if there is something that you aren’t sure whether you need or not it’s usually safer to leave cookies enabled in case it does interact with one of the features you use on our site. If you are still looking for more information, then you can contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.